Monday, April 14, 2008

Testing, Moving, Working, & Playing

My CBEST test on Saturday went well. I think I did fine on it, I'm not worried about it too much. I will be able to access my score online on the 28th, then will get my official score after that. There wasn't anything on the test that I didn't really know or couldn't work out. So now it's just a waiting game for the results.
We're moving this weekend, and my house is like 3/4 packed. We've gotten to the "miscellaneous" boxes that really don't go with anything, and some things we can't pack because we're not sure if we'll use them between now and then. As we use stuff and know we won't need it again I'll pack it at that point. We're recruiting help for Saturday, so if you are available for help we'd appreciate it. We're going to pick up the truck at 7 a.m. and then we'll start packing it after it gets here. The more help we can get the faster it will go! I also would like to get someone to watch the kiddos for me so that I don't have to worry about where they are and having to wrangle them as well.
Chris' work is going well. He seems to really enjoy it. I hear all kinds of stories all the time about the guys at work and the pranks they pull on eachother, the fits they throw about "their" things, and so on. The kids and I try to go at least once per week to have dinner with Chris, and I think Chris' co-workers really like seeing us. Charlotte has befriended Randy who seems to get a kick out of her. She drew him a picture the other night. They crack up at Joshua's eating habits, and the amount that he eats. The other day he ate 3 cupcakes at a birthday party we were at. He had his own, shared mine (read: ate most of mine), then went outside and snagged a cupcake from a friend's daughter, who complained loudly, but it was too late, he'd already eaten half of it. The boy is quick, and don't mess with him and his food.
We're so excited about the backyard at the new house. We're looking at getting a swingset/jungle gym thing for it for Charlotte's birthday. We'll see though, they're pretty expensive. Maybe we'll get a few people to chip in to help with that gift instead of getting lots of little toys. We'll see.
I hope that everyone had a good weekend. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to the Ramey's
I just love your new place and am so excited for you. I remember moving into a bigger place when your two Uncles and your Mom were small and what a relief it was to get out of an apartment. Such fun to have all the space and a fenced yard for them to play in...I think I cried a lot before that move!!!!! Sure miss all of you and wish I was there to see and help you with this move. I'm good at painting. Hugs to all of you and lots of kisses and love.

Grandma