Thursday, February 7, 2008

Disappointed

I'm finding myself disappointed tonight. Disappointed in people. I hate the fact that I've been disappointed by people, and that I am in fact disappointed in people. Over the last few weeks there has been several occasions where I've been disappointed by someone. Not the same someone each time, but the fact remains that I've been let down by people. Why does God allow us to experience disappointment? Or is it rather that our hope in people and their nature don't coincide with eachother. I guess the lesson I'm learning is to be who I say I am, or at least strive to be in every sense of the word, and to watch what I say and/or think about.
Lord, Thank You for being there when we need you. Thank you for allowing relationships and the ability to learn from eachother's strengths and weaknesses. Please forgive me for the unkind thoughts and words I've had lately. Please help me to have patience and forgiveness with those that have hurt me. Help me to guard my heart against those who wether knowingly or not, damage it. Help me to trust in people again and know that You have our ultimate plan in mind, and that You know where each one of us is at any point in our lives. That you seek to reach out and comfort us where we are, I thank you for. Please bless those who read this and those who don't, but are affected by it in some way or another. Amen.
Thanks for reading, and I hope that you know that you are loved and cared for by a God who knows where you are and cares deeply for you. I understand that my blogs might put some people off because they are too "religious" or what not, but I just put out what my thoughts are, and am finding this a place to be totally honest and get things out there. Please know that it is not my intention to upset or offend, but rather to maybe inspire or ignite a flame in whoever reads this. Anyway, thanks for reading and God Bless!

2 comments:

Rich and Karyn Speakman said...

I'm sorry you're feeling disappointed. Call me if you want to talk. I love you.

J.D.Mc Kibben/ Dad said...

Heidi....I too am proud of you honey! We both know that I have
dis-appointed you from time to time! Perhaps even now! Just keep the faith in God to give you the tools to deal with the many twists life is going to give you! Try to understand that people have trouble dealing with the truth in relationships,
change,sin,greed,pride,saying and doing etc,!
Most of all..though.."Never LOSE
THE FAITH!" Keep high "religious ideals", even on your wonderful site!
I am behind you! I Love You Too!
DAD